myCRED BP Group Leaderboards
This add-on allows you to setup leaderboards for your BuddyPress groups that are based on the groups members balances. These leaderboards are generated automatically as soon as a group has more then one user and supports leaderboard setups for multiple point types. Leaderboards are cached to prevent unnecessary database queries and updated whenever a group member gains or loses points.
You can set the size of the leaderboard and the option to append members to the end of the leaderboard that might not had made it into set size. These settings can be set generically for all groups or you can let group admins change them for each group.
The leaderboard is rendered in a table format and is Bootstrap ready. You can apply CSS styling to adjust each table column, row or even highlight when the current member. Note that the plugin does not provide any built-in CSS styling, to give you the freedom to style everything.
New in version 1.1 is the ability for group admins to select what type of leaderboard they wish to show their members. You can selected between 6 different leaderboard types:
Leaderboard Based on Current Balance (default)
The leaderboard is based on a users current balance. This was the leaderboard this plugin rendered in previous versions.
Leaderboard Based on Total Balance
This will generate a leaderboard based on a users total balance. Total balances are calculated by adding up all point gains a user has then deducting any manual adjustments an admin might have made.
Leaderboard Based on Today’s Gains
This will generate a leaderboard based on members total accumulated points today. This is done by adding up all point gains and losses from the beginning of each day until now.
Leaderboard Based on This Week’s Gains
This will generate a leaderboard based on members total accumulated points this week. This is done by adding up all point gains and losses from the the start of each week until now. Resets each week.
Leaderboard Based on This Month’s Gains
This will generate a leaderboard based on members total accumulated points this month. This is done by adding up all point gains and losses from the start of each month until now.
Leaderboard Based on Date Range
This option allows a leaderboard creation between two dates. When this option is selected, two hidden fields will become available where you can set the start and end date. These dates must be well formatted either
This version also includes caching of leaderboards to cut down on database queries. Each groups leaderboard(s) are cached until a member balance changes or if you save your leaderboard settings in your group admin area.
- Download the plugin, unzip it and install it on your WordPress website.
- Go to the Settings > BuddyPress page in your admin area and click on the “Leaderboards” tab on the top of the page.
- Adjust the settings to your liking.
If you have multiple point type’s setup on your website, you can select which point types to base leaderboards of. If you select more then one point type, members will be able to filter the leaderboard based on point types.
- FIX – When using multiple point types, the checkbox does not save the selected point types.
- FIX – When using multiple point types, the point type filter is not usable when viewing a leaderboard.
- FIX – Leaderboard caches are not deleted when a point type is deleted.
- NEW – Added option to select leaderboard types.
- NEW – Added actions and filters to allow better customizations of the plugin.
- TWEAK – Excluded users can now view a leaderboard even though they are no in it.
- TWEAK – Changed plugin domain to
- UPDATE – Updated translation files.
- Initial Release
Frequently Asked Questions
No questions found for this add-on.