You might be wondering why one should have the ability to reset their user’s points. Well, there are multiple reasons why this ability can come in handy.
One case that best describes its use – your community or website has laid out strict guidelines as to what is allowed or not, and people who violate the policy have been warned that the consequences to their actions might result in their points being reset. Keep in mind that this will not delete their profile but will just bring their point balance to zero.
For reasons much like the one explained above, the myCred team has decided to release the ‘Point Reset’ add-on – available at mycred.me.
What is myCred Point Reset add-on & how does it work?
This myCred add-on is as simple as it sounds. myCred Reset Points add-on has an ability to reset the points of any user by the click of a button.
Without much work required from the admin of the website, the Point Reset’s function can be utilized in two different ways:
- Reset the Points of users by selecting all User Roles
- Reset the Points of users by selecting specific User Roles.
With myCred Point Reset, you can also select to reset default point types or custom point types, as per your requirements.
Screenshot – Before and after installing and activating the myCred Point Reset add-on.
- Internet Explorer 10, 11 and Edge
- Firefox 36+
- Chrome 28+
- Safari 5.0+
- Opera 10.0+
- IE 11.0+
- iPhone and Ipad (with IOS 6.1+)
- Windows Phone (with Internet Explorer Mobile 10+)
- Android Phone (with Android 4.1+)
Please follow the below instructions step by step.
- Download the zip file from your mycred.me account > My Downloads
- Go to the WordPress Admin Dashboard > Plugins
- Once you are on the plugins page, you can see the “Add New” button in the top left corner.
- Click the “Add New” button and upload the zip file of a plugin that you’ve downloaded from mycred.me account.
- Once the plugin is installed, click the “Activate” button.