First I wanted to take a moment and thank everyone for all the great feature requests. After some contemplation and investigating I have compiled here a list of features that will be added in 1.4.
1.4 is planned to be released end of January / early February, depending on how well the beta testing goes.
- #1 – NEW Option to delete log entries when a user gets deleted.
- #2 – FIX Rewrite of the Add-ons query to work just like hooks instead of file searches which can cause issues if WordPress is installed in a custom location.
- #3 – FIX Improve customization options for all core functions.
- #4 – NEW Module for the myCred Right Now Dashboard Widget to show the most common user balances.
- #5 – FIX All contextual help will be removed from myCred files and instead I will be linking everything to the online codex. This will reduce work for translators and reduce file sizes while offering far more information from one central location.
- #6 – NEW Hook for “Referrals”. A very basic referral system where users can gain points for referral of visitors and / or signups.
- #7 – NEW Support for including Video titles for the “Points for watching videos” hook.
- #8 – NEW Hook for role change i.e. Going from “Subscriber” to “Author” = 10 points.
- #9 – NEW Add better customization options for all hooks making it easier for you to override built-in hooks.
- #10 – NEW Hook for Shopping Cart / Event Bookings allowing point gains for purchases or event attendance.
- #11 – NEW Option to overwrite bbPress hook settings for each bbPress forum.
- #12 – NEW Support for gaining points for new bbPress Forum Categories.
- #13 – NEW Pagination of log.
- #14 – NEW Export either search results or entire log to CSV file.
- #15 – NEW All filters will be moved to the myCred_Query_Log class to offer the same filters on any custom log page.
- #16 – NEW Administrators will have the option to adjust log entries (only entry not amount or time) or delete individual log entries. This will only be available on the myCred > Log page.
- #17 – FIX Improve how Rankings work and make customizations of the leaderboard easier.
- #18 – FIX Rename the myCred List widget to myCred Leaderboard widget.
- #19 – NEW Option to show the current users position, if the user is not in the presented list.
- #20 – NEW Added support for importing entire CubePoints logs.
- #21 – NEW Added support for importing CSV log files.
- #22 – NEW New built-in gateway for BitPay
- #23 – NEW “Last IPN Call Overview” section, allowing you to see the last IPN calls made.
- #24 – NEW Option to have a custom admin page for points purchases via the buyCred add-on.
- #25 – FIX Re-write how this add-on works by improving the SQL Queries used.
- #26 – NEW Allow services to be set according to either WordPress role or myCred Rank.
Email Notifications Add-on
- #27 – NEW Option to to send Test emails.
- #28 – FIX Improve documentation on available template tags.
- #29 – FIX Improve customization options.
- #30 – NEW Added option to either send emails immediately or in bulk at a set time.
- #31 – NEW Built-in support for email on lottery wins.
- #32 – In 1.4 the BuddyPress add-on will be removed and instead BuddyPress will be treated as any other supported third-party plugin. This will not change any settings or functionalities! It will just remove the Add-on and move the necessary files into the plugins/ folder. If BuddyPress is installed, the settings and hooks will be visible automatically and no add-on activation will be required.
- Multiple Points Types – Will allow you to setup multiple point types.
- Vouchers – Generate vouchers that can be redeemed by users to load their accounts with a pre-set amount of points.
Built-in third-party plugin support
- rtMedia – Points for creating albums, commenting on media uploads, viewing media or getting media featured.
- Gravity Forms – Points for submitting forms.
- The myCred Codex will be improved to include more information on how to expand or customize your myCred installation along with the most frequent how-to questions. I will also update the documentation for all the missing action and filter hooks.
- I will also check to see if we I add support for the BuddyBoss theme. I have not yet decided if this will be a built-in feature or a customization that you would download from the myCred website.