The Buy Content add-on allows you to sell any publicly available post types on your WordPress website. You can select to either charge users to view the content or pay the post's author either the whole sum or a percentage. Alternatively you can let the authors decide if they want to sell their content and for how much.
- Sell access to any post type's content.
- Option to have purchases expire, forcing users to re-purchase access to the content.
- Support for AJAX purchases, eliminating the need to re-load the page after purchase.
- Visit the myCRED Add-ons page.
- Enable the "Sell Content" add-on in the myCRED > Add-ons page.
- Visit the "Settings" sub-menu page and click on "Sell Content" to view the default settings.
- Make sure you list all post types you want to sell in your installation.
- Adjust the default settings to your needs and click "Update Settings" on the bottom of the page to save.
Setting Content for sale
- Edit a post that you want to sell.
- Decide if you want to sell the entire content for sale or parts of it:
- Selling the entire content
If you want to sell the entire content, you must tick the "Enable sale of this post" checkbox in the "myCRED Sell This" metabox. myCRED will load the default settings you entered in Step 3 but you can change this for each post to your liking before Updating the post.
As of verison 1.1 you can select to have purchases "Expire" after an x number of hours.
- Selling parts of the content
If you want to sell parts of the content you must use the mycred_sell_this or mycred_sell_this_ajax shortcode. Please consult the codex entires for these shortcodes for further details. Do NOT tick the "Enable sale of this post" checkbox in the "myCRED Sell This" metabox if you are using these shortcodes!
The post is now set for sale! Remember that Administrators and the post author will always see their content.
Do I have to set an expiration (limit) on Purchases?
No. By default, when a user buys your content, the purchase is permanent. The "limit" feature is optional and should only be set if you want to use it.
Do I have to sell the entire content or can I just sell parts of it?
You can either set the entire content up for sale or use the mycred_sell_this or mycred_sell_this_ajax shortcodes to sell parts of your content. Any content placed inside these shortcodes will only be visible to the content author, administrators and those who buys access to them.
Can I share sales with the Content Author?
Yes. You can select to either just charge users for content or share a percentage of the sale with the content author.
Can I put Custom Post Types for sale?
Yes! Besides the default Posts and Pages, you can put any Custom Post Type up for sale. On your myCRED settings page, under "Sell Content" you can list all post types that should be set for sale.
Just remember that by defaults posts are not put up for sale, you will need to enable this on a post by post basis.
Can I sell multiple items in a single post?
mycred_sell_this shortcode was built to be used for one post. You can use the shortcode multiple times in a single post but when a purchase is made, all shortcodes will be visible.
No tutorials found for this add-on.