Remote API from NON-WP Site

Home Forums How-to Questions Remote API from NON-WP Site

This topic contains 12 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  rpetitto 5 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Author

rpetitto

Has anyone successfully implemented a system of calling myCRED’s Remote API from a NON-WP site/app? I’ve set up myCRED’s remote API correctly, but no matter what I try, I can’t pass the data successfully from my app (using javascript).

https://pastebin.com/hd8Vp0Vz

rpetitto

SOLVED! My token was generating incorrectly. This opens up a new world of myCRED usage! Only issue now is that user isn’t notified of reward in WP.

fcpro

@ rpetitto

Have you figured it out ?
    Meaning -» successfully implemented the system myCRED’s Remote API from a NON-WP site/app?
    Really rpetitto, you got it to work even on NON-WP site/app !? If so, well I’m so jealous right now !

I sooooo can’t wait for this to be an official myCred add-on !!!

Have you figured out as well for external WP site ?
    Please tell me – Thank you

rpetitto

Yes! I’m using an Augmented Reality app, metaverse, to navigate users through a scavenger hunt. Afterwards, I managed to get the app to call myCRED to award points! Only issue is that there isn’t notification on the WP front end, but everything logs correctly!

fcpro

@ rpetitto
    Are you able to make it work for external WP sites ?
    can’t wait for your answer :))

rpetitto

@fcpro I was able to get it working within the same WP site (just to test the code) so it should be rather easy to do between two different WP sites, yes. Again…no notifications though.

fcpro

@ rpetitto
    I’m following up with you. Were you able to Remote API from external wp Sites ?
    I really can’t wait for your answer :))
    thank you

rpetitto

Hi @fcpro. I only have the one WP site, so I haven’t done any testing in that regard. However, I did get it working from an external non-WP website. I hear the process is even easier within WP.

fcpro

@ rpetitto,
    Thank you for your response. I can supply a demo WP site for us try out and see.
    Would like that ? if so let me know as soon possible.

rpetitto

Sure thing.

BirminghamIU

I would love Arduino to work with MyCRED! That’s the dream for me Arduino to work something when paid using MyCred points!

fcpro

@ rpetitto,
    Oups sorry for my delay. I just realized you had answered me. Ok how can I contact you or pm you somewhere we can send you info.

Regards

rpetitto

Feel free to message me: robert.petitto@woodward.edu

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Last edited December 15, 2017