Home Forums Community points on custom post comments

• This topic has 9 replies, 2 voices, and was last updated 2 weeks, 6 days ago by katiebennett005.
Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author
    dvdbrazil

Hi.

It is possible to give mycred points to users according a specific value informed on post comments? I do plan to use a custom field on comments to collect specific “value” informed by user.

So, at a specific post, I will open user comments with that custom field. User goes there and put his name, email and a value on that custom field. Mycred will give points to the user converted according that informed value field.

Thank you for any help.

WPExperts

You can give point to users in any way you want. But does sounds like you are building your own custom functionality which myCRED has no built in support for. But you are free to use any myCRED function you want to accomplish your task.

If you want to award points based on what value a user enteres into your field then do so when you validate or process this form submission. All myCRED functions are documented in the codex.

dvdbrazil

Hi Gabriel,

Thank you very much for your reply.

What I need to do is basically a reward system for offline stores.

The users enters its purchase receipts and win mycred points.

So, according the amount spent on offline stores, this amount will be converted in mycred points.

Therefore, each user must enter its points themselves (here is the help I need to implement it).

I would like to use your lottery add-on to pick a daily/weekly winner(s). I don’t care about fraud attempts because the winner must pickup the prize on physical store, and before to get the prize he need to provide the proof of previous purchase which was used to enter in mycred points.

Do you suggest me a way to do that?

WPExperts

How would people convert the points they spend into points? Do they send you the receipt or something?

It sounds like you just need to convert this into point and then let them enter a lottery with these points.

dvdbrazil

I need people insert they points themselves.

For example, this week I run a contest. In a post I inform instructions. People will inform on comments its own points (I will use a custom field there on post comments).

People does not need to send me the receipts or any proof of purchase, it will be required only for winners to recieve the prize. So dishonest people may can insert a lot of fake points, but it does not matter because points will be used only for lottery purpose, after each contest the points will be reseted, and for winner to receive its price he really need to send the receipts to get the prize. Fake points for currently winner will cause a new draw for another winner.

WPExperts

Hey.

If you insert a custom field that holds the amount, you could add this into a users balance when this field is submitted.

For example:

// Get the value they submit
    $points = $_POST['yourcustomfield'];

// Make sure it is a numeric value and not some text
    if ( is_numeric( $points ) ) {
    	// Adjust the users balance
    	update_user_meta( get_current_user_id(), 'mycred_default', $points );
    }

This code of course assumes the user is logged in when commenting.

WHen it comes to the lottery, you can add entries into a started lottery manually in your admin area. Just go to the myCRED > Lotteries page and hover your mouse over a started lottery and you will see the link “Add Entry”.

dvdbrazil

Hi Grabriel

Where exactly I need to add the code you supplied? In which file?

Thank you very much!

WPExperts

It depends on how you handle your custom field. I assumes since you mentioned that you planned on adding in a custom filed to comments that you also had the field processing setup. The above example were meant to be inserted where you process the custom field of yours.

Albert Washington

Hi guys, I don’t have much to say right now rather than to say thank you to Dr Amber for rescuing me and my family from poverty. I love playing the lottery but winning big is always the issue for me. I will never forget the day I came in contact with Dr Amber whose lottery spell made me a winner of $360,000,000 million dollars cash prize on the jackpot lottery game I played just by giving me sure winning numbers within 3 days to play the lottery game after he prepared the lottery spell for me. My financial status has changed for good and I’ve started to live my dream life after 14 years of playing the lottery. Thank you Dr Amber for I’m very grateful for all you’ve done for me and my family. You can TELEGRAM or call or message Dr Amber via +1 808 481-5132 or email: amberlottotemple@yahoo.com or visit: amberlottotemple.com for more information.

katiebennett005

Thank you for letting me post my review on your blog. I am very happy to share my insight working with DR AMBER. I needed help to win the lottery so badly because my bills were so high and needed to be paid as soon as possible. While I was surfing the Internet for ways to win the lottery, I saw DR AMBER’S website: AMBERLOTTOTEMPLE.COM saying how he has helped a lot of people in different ways both financially/martially. I ordered a lottery spell from DR AMBER and he explained everything to me about the spell and I accepted. I followed his instructions and played the lottery with the numbers he gave me. After 5 days, his magical spell made me a winner of 87 MILLION DOLLARS. Now, I am financially buoyant that no bill scares me anymore. I want to thank DR AMBER for his endless help and he’s from the United States. For urgent response, call or text +1 808-481-5132 or email: amberlottotemple@yahoo.com

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.