Is there an automated way to give retroactive points?

Home Forums How-to Questions Is there an automated way to give retroactive points?

This topic contains 30 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by  locohacker 1 year ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author

Mike

I’m not able to get this to work. I installed the plugin lined abovem, and attempted for both membership and bbpress topics and replies. Went through the process steps. Everything looks right including the number of posts effected, click start and get a Done message.

However none of the points counts are adjusted. Not sure what is going on.

Mike

Can I get some thoughts on this?

Mike

How do we go about getting help with this? @gabriel ?

sitwi

I’m getting the same as Floyd. It actually ran fine the first time around when I ran through the registrations, and it added points appropriately for everyone who signed up. But subsequently when I’ve gone through the same process for topics and replies, it adds nothing. Just says done.

Can anyone help please?

Thank you!

Gabriel Merovingi
    Legend

What errors do you get when you enable WP_DEBUG in your wp-config.php file and run the script?
    What version of WordPress are you using? Using latest myCRED version?
    Is this a multisite installation or a regular WP installation?

sitwi

Using the current versions of WordPress and myCRED, on a single installation.

As it happens, though, I’ve asked my members to start again from scratch the the points, since I’m making a content out of it, so they can all have an equal start.

WeirdMike

I’m getting “no users has yet earned this badge” when trying to assign a badge for website registration. Is there a way around this? I have 660 users on my site and I can’t figure out how to assign badges to everyone who’s registered on the site already.

Gabriel Merovingi
    Legend

@weirdmike – If there is no log entry of a user getting points for registering, then there is no way for the badge add-on to award that user the badge since there is no record of it. Badges are based entirely on a users log entries since it determines when a badge requirement has been fulfilled. If you used the retro plugin in this forum topic and awarded all your users points for registering on your website, the badge addon should give out the badge when you press that button.

ForestNation

Hi,
    Thanks for the great plugin and support…
    I am setting up a new install for the first time. I need to apply retrospective points for content creation.
    I have installed the myCRED Retroactive plugin. It works fine for Becoming a Member. I tested this option and it awarded points to all 5000 plus members.

However, Publishing Content doesn’t seem to work. I have tried with the custom post type that I want to award points for. And also a standard post type. On the review screen just before starting the process it seems to recognise the correct amount of posts that will be affect: Total Posts Effected 3165. However, the process starts and finishes almost immediately with no logs made. This is the same for any post type.

Any ideas why Publishing Content doesn’t work for me?

Thanks for the help in advance.

Best

Gabriel Merovingi
    Legend

@forestnation – I am working on an updated version of this plugin as it’s pretty old and could have been written much better. It will be available under the new Freebies section in the store.

ForestNation

Thanks Gabriel, that will be great. Any idea on a timeline for that?
    Best

Gabriel Merovingi
    Legend

Sometime next week once I have 1.7 launched.

locohacker

I tried it and it works perfectly.
    Thanks

ariph

dear Gabriel, i tried downloading your RETROACTIVE plugin. but it seems that the option to give points for published posts option does not work. it acutally completes all the steps and says its done. but does not make any changes to the points. I tried very carefully several times with different options. but only the published posts option is the one not working. other options like comments points works perfect.
    can u help on this?

rebeccahickshq

Been sitting eyes wide open behind these four walls, hoping you’d call It’s just a cruel existence like there’s no point hoping at all. Baby, baby, I feel crazy, up all night, all night and every day Give me something, oh, but you say nothing. What is happening to me? I don’t wanna live forever, ’cause I know I’ll be living in vain. And I don’t wanna fit wherever. I just wanna keep calling your name until you come back home.Thank you
    super smash flash 2
    bloons tower defense 5

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Last edited July 8, 2014