Gravity forms add points from number field.

front page Forums Community Gravity forms add points from number field.

• This topic has 17 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 3 months ago by AvatarCarlenY.
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Hey Simon. If you find a solution, please feel free to post an update. I am sure there would be others that would find it useful.

Hi Simon Bame,
    Did you find a solution to this?

I need something similar. I am using Gravity Forms for quiz system (not with the quiz add on).
    I am using a number field which calculates the total points.
    Labelling the field mycred_amount doesn’t work unless there is a fixed amount as the default value. It doesn’t recognise any calculated amount.

Gabriel, could your snippet be tweaked to apply to just one or a few Gravity Forms so we can leave the hook active also?

For anyone still looking to do this here is some code that worked for me. In this example it is form 2 and I am using a number field 5 and a single line text field in 11. The number field is a calculated filed. The single line text field just holds their user id.

This goes in your functions file:

add_action( 'gform_after_submission_2', 'add_points', 10, 2 );
    function add_points( $entry, $form ) {

//getting points
        $points_to_add = rgar( $entry, '5' );

// Set user I used a single line text in gravtiy forms and put {user:ID} in the default category. Then hid the field. 
    	$user = rgar( $entry, '11' );

//default points
        mycred_add( 'adding points', $user, $points_to_add, 'Points for being awesome!' ); 
           //custom points. In this case I am using quiz_scored as the addition type as I have badges set up for this. You can use your own, or pick one already in use. 
    	mycred_add( 'quiz_scored', $user, $points_to_add, 'Points for being awesome!', $ref_id, $ref_id, 'custom_point_type' );
    }
Viewing 3 posts - 16 through 18 (of 18 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.