The myCRED plugin is licensed under the General Public License 2.0. Fore more information visit http://www.gnu.org/licenses/gpl-2.0.html.
0. This License applies to any program or other work which contains a notice placed by the copyright holder saying it may be distributed under the terms of this General Public License. The “Program”, below, refers to any such program or work, and a “work based on the Program” means either the Program or any derivative work under copyright law: that is to say, a work containing the Program or a portion of it, either verbatim or with modifications and/or translated into another language. (Hereinafter, translation is included without limitation in the term “modification”.) Each licensee is addressed as “you”.
Activities other than copying, distribution and modification are not covered by this License; they are outside its scope. The act of running the Program is not restricted, and the output from the Program is covered only if its contents constitute a work based on the Program (independent of having been made by running the Program). Whether that is true depends on what the Program does.
1. You may copy and distribute verbatim copies of the Program’s source code as you receive it, in any medium, provided that you conspicuously and appropriately publish on each copy an appropriate copyright notice and disclaimer of warranty; keep intact all the notices that refer to this License and to the absence of any warranty; and give any other recipients of the Program a copy of this License along with the Program.
You may charge a fee for the physical act of transferring a copy, and you may at your option offer warranty protection in exchange for a fee.
2. You may modify your copy or copies of the Program or any portion of it, thus forming a work based on the Program, and copy and distribute such modifications or work under the terms of Section 1 above, provided that you also meet all of these conditions:
- a) You must cause the modified files to carry prominent notices stating that you changed the files and the date of any change.
- b) You must cause any work that you distribute or publish, that in whole or in part contains or is derived from the Program or any part thereof, to be licensed as a whole at no charge to all third parties under the terms of this License.
- c) If the modified program normally reads commands interactively when run, you must cause it, when started running for such interactive use in the most ordinary way, to print or display an announcement including an appropriate copyright notice and a notice that there is no warranty (or else, saying that you provide a warranty) and that users may redistribute the program under these conditions, and telling the user how to view a copy of this License. (Exception: if the Program itself is interactive but does not normally print such an announcement, your work based on the Program is not required to print an announcement.)
These requirements apply to the modified work as a whole. If identifiable sections of that work are not derived from the Program, and can be reasonably considered independent and separate works in themselves, then this License, and its terms, do not apply to those sections when you distribute them as separate works. But when you distribute the same sections as part of a whole which is a work based on the Program, the distribution of the whole must be on the terms of this License, whose permissions for other licensees extend to the entire whole, and thus to each and every part regardless of who wrote it.
Thus, it is not the intent of this section to claim rights or contest your rights to work written entirely by you; rather, the intent is to exercise the right to control the distribution of derivative or collective works based on the Program.
In addition, mere aggregation of another work not based on the Program with the Program (or with a work based on the Program) on a volume of a storage or distribution medium does not bring the other work under the scope of this License.
3. You may copy and distribute the Program (or a work based on it, under Section 2) in object code or executable form under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above provided that you also do one of the following:
- a) Accompany it with the complete corresponding machine-readable source code, which must be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange; or,
- b) Accompany it with a written offer, valid for at least three years, to give any third party, for a charge no more than your cost of physically performing source distribution, a complete machine-readable copy of the corresponding source code, to be distributed under the terms of Sections 1 and 2 above on a medium customarily used for software interchange; or,
- c) Accompany it with the information you received as to the offer to distribute corresponding source code. (This alternative is allowed only for noncommercial distribution and only if you received the program in object code or executable form with such an offer, in accord with Subsection b above.)
The source code for a work means the preferred form of the work for making modifications to it. For an executable work, complete source code means all the source code for all modules it contains, plus any associated interface definition files, plus the scripts used to control compilation and installation of the executable. However, as a special exception, the source code distributed need not include anything that is normally distributed (in either source or binary form) with the major components (compiler, kernel, and so on) of the operating system on which the executable runs, unless that component itself accompanies the executable.
If distribution of executable or object code is made by offering access to copy from a designated place, then offering equivalent access to copy the source code from the same place counts as distribution of the source code, even though third parties are not compelled to copy the source along with the object code.
4. You may not copy, modify, sublicense, or distribute the Program except as expressly provided under this License. Any attempt otherwise to copy, modify, sublicense or distribute the Program is void, and will automatically terminate your rights under this License. However, parties who have received copies, or rights, from you under this License will not have their licenses terminated so long as such parties remain in full compliance.
5. You are not required to accept this License, since you have not signed it. However, nothing else grants you permission to modify or distribute the Program or its derivative works. These actions are prohibited by law if you do not accept this License. Therefore, by modifying or distributing the Program (or any work based on the Program), you indicate your acceptance of this License to do so, and all its terms and conditions for copying, distributing or modifying the Program or works based on it.
6. Each time you redistribute the Program (or any work based on the Program), the recipient automatically receives a license from the original licensor to copy, distribute or modify the Program subject to these terms and conditions. You may not impose any further restrictions on the recipients’ exercise of the rights granted herein. You are not responsible for enforcing compliance by third parties to this License.
7. If, as a consequence of a court judgment or allegation of patent infringement or for any other reason (not limited to patent issues), conditions are imposed on you (whether by court order, agreement or otherwise) that contradict the conditions of this License, they do not excuse you from the conditions of this License. If you cannot distribute so as to satisfy simultaneously your obligations under this License and any other pertinent obligations, then as a consequence you may not distribute the Program at all. For example, if a patent license would not permit royalty-free redistribution of the Program by all those who receive copies directly or indirectly through you, then the only way you could satisfy both it and this License would be to refrain entirely from distribution of the Program.
If any portion of this section is held invalid or unenforceable under any particular circumstance, the balance of the section is intended to apply and the section as a whole is intended to apply in other circumstances.
It is not the purpose of this section to induce you to infringe any patents or other property right claims or to contest validity of any such claims; this section has the sole purpose of protecting the integrity of the free software distribution system, which is implemented by public license practices. Many people have made generous contributions to the wide range of software distributed through that system in reliance on consistent application of that system; it is up to the author/donor to decide if he or she is willing to distribute software through any other system and a licensee cannot impose that choice.
This section is intended to make thoroughly clear what is believed to be a consequence of the rest of this License.
8. If the distribution and/or use of the Program is restricted in certain countries either by patents or by copyrighted interfaces, the original copyright holder who places the Program under this License may add an explicit geographical distribution limitation excluding those countries, so that distribution is permitted only in or among countries not thus excluded. In such case, this License incorporates the limitation as if written in the body of this License.
9. The Free Software Foundation may publish revised and/or new versions of the General Public License from time to time. Such new versions will be similar in spirit to the present version, but may differ in detail to address new problems or concerns.
Each version is given a distinguishing version number. If the Program specifies a version number of this License which applies to it and “any later version”, you have the option of following the terms and conditions either of that version or of any later version published by the Free Software Foundation. If the Program does not specify a version number of this License, you may choose any version ever published by the Free Software Foundation.
10. If you wish to incorporate parts of the Program into other free programs whose distribution conditions are different, write to the author to ask for permission. For software which is copyrighted by the Free Software Foundation, write to the Free Software Foundation; we sometimes make exceptions for this. Our decision will be guided by the two goals of preserving the free status of all derivatives of our free software and of promoting the sharing and reuse of software generally.
11. BECAUSE THE PROGRAM IS LICENSED FREE OF CHARGE, THERE IS NO WARRANTY FOR THE PROGRAM, TO THE EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW. EXCEPT WHEN OTHERWISE STATED IN WRITING THE COPYRIGHT HOLDERS AND/OR OTHER PARTIES PROVIDE THE PROGRAM “AS IS” WITHOUT WARRANTY OF ANY KIND, EITHER EXPRESSED OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE. THE ENTIRE RISK AS TO THE QUALITY AND PERFORMANCE OF THE PROGRAM IS WITH YOU. SHOULD THE PROGRAM PROVE DEFECTIVE, YOU ASSUME THE COST OF ALL NECESSARY SERVICING, REPAIR OR CORRECTION.
12. IN NO EVENT UNLESS REQUIRED BY APPLICABLE LAW OR AGREED TO IN WRITING WILL ANY COPYRIGHT HOLDER, OR ANY OTHER PARTY WHO MAY MODIFY AND/OR REDISTRIBUTE THE PROGRAM AS PERMITTED ABOVE, BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR DAMAGES, INCLUDING ANY GENERAL, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF THE USE OR INABILITY TO USE THE PROGRAM (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OF DATA OR DATA BEING RENDERED INACCURATE OR LOSSES SUSTAINED BY YOU OR THIRD PARTIES OR A FAILURE OF THE PROGRAM TO OPERATE WITH ANY OTHER PROGRAMS), EVEN IF SUCH HOLDER OR OTHER PARTY HAS BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
Last updated February 1st 2013
I offer free support for the myCRED plugin and the premium plugins you purchase here on the mycred.me website. I am available to help you out Monday to Friday 9AM – 5PM (GMT+1 or Danish time). I am unavailable on public holidays or weekends.
Support is offered to help you resolve issues where you can not get myCRED to work the way it’s described in the documentation. I am unable to provide free support for customizations where you want to change how myCRED does something.
If you think you found a bug or can’t get myCRED to work as described in the documentation, please open a support ticket here on the mycred.me website. No support is provided on social media sites or third-party forums.
Remember that you can always post your questions in the community forum for help from other myCRED users. There is also an extensive FAQ section, Tutorials along with tons of Documentation. You can also consult a freelance developer for further assistance.
myCRED was built to be customized from external sources such as your plugin or theme. Making changes in the plugin files however is NOT supported, unless the changes are bug fixes that will be included in future versions. Remember that any changes you make in the plugin files will prevent you from updating the plugin since your changes will be lost.
myCRED premium add-ons are only available via the myCRED.me online store. No support are provided for products purchased anywhere else!
The store sells plugins for WordPress powered websites. They are not tested, guaranteed or supported to work in other environments.
The myCRED store accepts the following form of payments:
- Credit Card (Handled by Stripe)
- myCRED Tokens
If you prefer to pay using bank transfer or via money order, please send your request via the contact form before placing your order.
While the website offers automatic discounts when buying more than one license, if you are looking to buy more than 10 licenses, please contact me before placing your order for a better discount.
Educational institutions are eligible for a 50% discount when buying more than 5 licenses and registered charities can apply for free product licenses. If you are working on an open source / not-for-profit project and would like to use a premium product on your website, please contact me before placing an order to apply for free licenses.
The following countries are prohibited from making any purchases in the myCRED store:
- Saudi Arabia
- North Korea
myCRED reserves the right to limit sales to any country / state without notice.
Products you purchase here on the myCRED website have a maximum download limit based on the license package you selected. Once this limit is reached, the download link will no longer be available. Current download limits are:
- Single site license – Maximum 5 downloads / product.
- 5 site licenses – Maximum 15 downloads / product.
- 10 site licenses – Maximum 25 downloads / product.
- Studio license – No limit.
If you hold an “Unlimited” license, your downloads are also unlimited.
Members can purchase myCRED Tokens via their account using PayPal or Bitcoin. The Tokens you buy will not get credited to your account until your payment clears. If you pay using e-check, the request will remain pending until the check clears. It is therefor very important that you do not delete your pending payment until the check clears.
Token purchases are non refundable!
Customers are invited to leave a review for a product they purchase. As a reward, each review, no matter how you feel about the product, grants Tokens which can be used as store credit. Reviews of premium products rewards 350 Tokens while reviews for free products rewards 100 Tokens.
Reviews, like comments, must be kept on subject and no profanities or cursing is allowed. You can only leave one review per product even if you purchase multiple copies.
Each time you pay for an order using Credit Card / PayPal or Bitcoins, you are rewarded with myCRED Tokens. These Tokens can be used to pay for an entire order or be converted into a coupon to cover parts of an order.
100 Tokens is worth 1 US Dollar and your accumulated balance does not expire.
While I stand 100% behind the products I offer on sale here on the myCRED website, sometimes things can’t work perfectly for everyone. If you feel unsatisfied with your purchase or the product is unusable on your website, I offer 100% refund of your payment within 14 days of the original date of purchase.
To request a refund, visit your Downloads section in your profile and click on the “Request Refund” button for the order in question. Refunds can take up to 2 bank days to reach your account. Requests submitted on a weekend will be processed on Monday at earliest.
The following rules apply for refunds:
- A refund request must be sent within 14 days of the date of purchase.
- Your request must be sent via your download section. Requests sent by any other means are not accepted!
- By requesting and receiving a refund, you relinquish all ownership of your license and agree to delete and cease using the product(s) immediately.
- You can not receive a refund on products you have used for more than 60 days. This means that license renewals are not refundable!
- Refunded products can not be purchased again.
- I reserve the right to deny a refund request if deemed necessary.
- You can not receive a refund for orders that were paid using Tokens!
If the product you requested a refund for is still being used after 7 days, your request will be cancelled and the order will once again be marked as “Completed”.
To expedite the process, please make sure you disable and remove the products you purchased from your site(s) before you make a refund request!
The following fees are used on the myCRED website:
|Fee Description||Cost in Tokens||Cost in USD|
If you made a mistake or if your websites URL address has changed, the license needs to be reset. This fee is applied for each time you select to reset a license.
|150 tk.||$ 1.50|
If you have reached your download limit for your purchased products, you can request a new download for a fee. This fee is applied for each download you request.
|250 tk.||$ 2.50|
This fee is paid by the license owner that wishes to transfer the license to another myCRED member. A license reset is included in this fee.
|500 tk.||$ 5.00|
A myCRED Product License allows you to:
- Download the product from your myCRED account a maximum of 5 times.
- Receive support for any issues you might have with the product.
- Receive unlimited number of plugin updates while the license is valid.
Once a license has expired, you can no longer download the product from your profile, receive support or updates until the license is renewed. You can however still use the product on your website without any limitation.
Expired licenses will show up in your plugin list as “Unlicensed copy”!
A product license is valid for 1 year from the day of purchase. Unlimited licenses are no longer sold.
Before you can download your purchased product, you must setup your license by nominating the URL of the website where the plugin will be used. Once a license has been setup, you can download your product, open priority tickets and receive plugin updates.
Once a website URL has been entered for a license, you can not change it. In case your website changes name, you make a mistake or you move the product to a new site, you can reset your license which allows you to add a new URL. Resetting a license costs 150 myCRED Tokens ( $ 1.50 USD ).
If you have setup your license but still see this message do the following:
- Go to your Plugins page in your admin area.
- Right next to the “Not a licensed copy” text, click on the “View details” link.
- A new popup window will be opened by WordPress where the product information is loaded. Once this has loaded, close the window and refresh the page. Note! You must wait until the popup window has fully loaded before closing it. While the product information is loaded, the plugin will also call and request to know if the product has a license and when that license expires. If this request is interrupted by you closing the window, the error message will remain!
If the issue remains, make sure you set the license to the correct URL. If the URL is correct (without http or https) and the message is not disappearing, please contact me.
Is installation or setup of the product included in this license?
No it is not. However all products are sold as WordPress plugins and are installed / updated like any other WordPress plugin out there. The product documentation also includes installation or setup guides for your convenience.
If I want to use the plugin on a development site first, do I need to buy 2 licenses?
No! You can use the plugin on localhost / development sites without any restriction. Your license should however be set to the URL of your live site. You will also have to manually update the plugin if a new version is released while you are developing. Once the website goes live, the license will allow you to have automatic updates.
Can I sell my product and the license associated with it?
You can sell an order and the product or products that are included in that order. The buyer must have a valid myCRED account and there is a transfer fee of 500 myCRED Tokens ( $ 5.00 USD ) / product in order, which is paid by the seller. A transferred license is automatically reset and the buyer do not need to pay a reset charges.
You can not transfer parts of an order keeping one product but selling another.
What license do I need for a Multisite installation?
Licenses are tied to a domain name. So if all sites in your network uses the same base URL, you just need one license. If however each site in your network has a dedicated URL, you would need a license for each site. For large networks please contact me for special deals.
Starting October 1st 2015, premium add-ons will display the type of license you use for each premium add-on along with it’s expiration date. If you are using a premium add-on without a license or if your license has expired, you will see the “Not a licensed copy” notice.
In order to post in the community forums, purchase premium add-ons in the store or open support tickets, you must signup for a free myCRED.me community account.
No newsletters or promotions are sent to your email address and your account details are not shared with any third-party without your consent.
I prefer to keep things simple. The following rules apply to all community members on the myCRED.me website:
- All members must have a valid email address associated with their account.
- No SPAM or advertisement is allowed on the website.
- Members are expected to behave as adults. Be nice!
Those who can not follow these basic rules will be banned from the myCRED.me website.