The Transfer add-on allows your users to transfer points amongst themselves. You can let them transfer as much as they want or impose a daily/weekly limit for each user. Furthermore you can use this add-on to allow users to donate points directly to a post author.
To make a transfer, a user has to either type in a members username or search for a user. Once a user starts typing in the "Recipient" field, myCRED will start searching for usernames and present a drop-down menu with suggestions. A minimum of 2 characters are required before a search is made.
If you are imposing a daily or weekly transfer limit, myCRED will check the current users balance before the form is generated. This means that if a user is over their limit or do not have enough points, they will not have access to the transfer form.
Remember that users who are excluded will not see either the transfer widget or the transfer shortcode!
- Enable the "Transfer" add-on on the "Add-ons" sub-menu page in the "myCRED" menu.
- Visit the "Settings" sub-menu page and click on "Transfer CREDs" to view the default settings.
- Adjust the default settings to your needs and click "Update Settings" on the bottom of the page to save.
- Decide if you want to use the mycred_transfer shortcode to present the transfer form or use the Transfer widget (or both):
- Using the Widget
Once this add-on is enabled you will gain access to the "myCRED Transfer" widget which you can use in any sidebar. Simply insert the widget in the sidebar of your choice and give it a title.
Select if you want to include the current users balance and their transfer limit (if used) and click "Save".
- Using the Shortcode
Insert the mycred_transfer shortcode in your page or post content and click "Update".
When transferring points, I do not see a pop-up window but if I reload the page, the points have been transferred. Is this a bug?
No. If you do not get any pop-up messages when you transfer, you are using a pop-up blocker and should either allow the website to use pop-ups or disable it.
- Add Transfer Messages (Intermediate)
In this short tutorial, I will show you how you can customize myCRED to allow users to append custom messages to the user they are transferring points to.
- Completely disable the Transfer form CSS styling (Easy)
In this quick tutorial I will show you have you can disable the CSS styling of the transfer points HTML form.