NOTE! As of version 1.4 this add-on is no longer available! Instead myCRED has a built in support for BuddyPress that are enabled if BuddyPress is enabled. No add-on activation is required!
The BuddyPress add-on lets you expand your myCRED installation to award / deduct points for BuddyPress interactions ranging from points for users uploading avatars to awarding points for group discussions.
Note! BuddyPress must be installed and setup before you can access the BuddyPress add-on!
New in 1.3
- Daily limit for Profile Update (Activity) points. Defaults to 2. You can find this new features setting under your BuddyPress: Member hook.
- Enable the "BuddyPress" add-on in your "Add-ons" sub-menu. This add-on is not visible on sites where BuddyPress has not been installed and setup!
- Visit the "Settings" sub-menu page and click on "BuddyPress" to view the default settings.
- Adjust the default settings to your needs and click "Update Settings" on the bottom of the page to save.
- Visit the "Hooks" sub-menu page in the "myCRED" menu. You should now have access to the BuddyPress hooks.
- Enable the hooks you wish to use and set the amount of points to deduct / award users along with setting the log template.
- Clic "Update Settings" on the bottom of the page to save.
Group Action Hooks
Note that you must have the "User Groups" component enabled in BuddyPress in order to use these hooks.
- Award / Deduct points for creating groups with the option to award / deduct points first when x number of members have joined. You can also use a negative value to charge for new group creations. If you do and a user does not have enough points, they will be restricted from creating a new group automatically.
- Award / Deduct points for groups getting deleted.
- Award / Deduct points for joining or leaving a group. If you use a negative value and the user does not have enough points, the "Join Group" link will be removed automatically.
- Award / Deduct points for group avatars.
- Award / Deduct points for forum posts and topics.
Profile Action Hooks
Note that you must have the "Extended Profiles" component enabled in BuddyPress in order to use these hooks.
- Award / Deduct points for profile updates (activity) with optional daily limit.
- Award / Deduct points for profile avatars.
- Award / Deduct points for new and ended friendships.
- Award / Deduct points for new messages, gifts or comments.
Link Action Hooks
- Award / Deduct points for creating, editing or voting on links.
bbPress Action Hooks
- Award / Deduct points for new bbPress forum posts.
- Award / Deduct points for new bbPress forum topics.
Gallery Action Hooks
- Award / Deduct points for uploading new photos galleries either using BP Album+ or BP Gallery.
Does myCRED support the CubePoints Buddypress Integration plugin?
No. The features that the CubePoints Buddypress Integration plugin offers are supported by the myCRED BuddyPress add-on by default.
I want to charge a user for creating a group, can I disable group creation for users who does not have enough points?
Yes. You can set a negative value for either "Creating Group" or "Joining Group" which will restrict a user from creating or joining any group unless they have enough points without going minus on their account.
- BuddyPress: Sort members by current balance (Easy)
In this tutorial I will show you how you can sort your BuddyPress members list according to your users current points balances.
- BuddyPress User Field: Number of log entries to show (Easy)
Let your BuddyPress members decide how many rows they should see when viewing their myCRED points history.